We Are PETAN
The association was formed to bring together Nigerian Oil & Gas entrepreneurs to create a forum for the exchange of ideas with the major operators and policy makers.
Petroleum Technology Association of Nigeria (PETAN) is an association of Nigerian Indigenous Technical Oilfield service companies in the upstream and downstream sectors of the Oil industry. The association was formed to bring together Nigerian Oil & Gas entrepreneurs to create a forum for the exchange of ideas with the major operators and policy makers.
- To acquire, develop, advance and promote Petroleum Technology for the benefit of Nigerians.
- To foster co-operation as well as high ethical standards among Indigenous Technical Oilfield Services companies.
- To monitor and work to improve the performance and quality of services rendered by member companies
- To ensure and encourage fair patronage of member companies by Oil Producing companies in Nigeria.
- To liaise with Government on matters affecting the interest of members.
- To educate and advice Government and its agencies on developments in the Oilfield Services sector of the Nigeria economy.
- To promote the economic wellbeing and social welfare of the Oilfield environment and the larger society.
- To embark on and promote research and development in the Oilfield Services sector.
To promote the domestication of petroleum technology by striving for fair and extensive patronage of the efficient and competitive indigenous Nigeria Oilfield Service companies.